Wednesday, December 13

It

I was talking with a co-worker yesterday and referring to the baby as "IT".

"It's not an IT! It's a real person!" etc., etc.... "Let's call it "shim"! (Actually, I think that is kinda cute, I guess...)

"No! It's an IT. Until we know what IT is! It's either IT or baby Wofford. Or maybe $hit." (I've always like that. He - She - It - Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!)

"And, anyway - IT applies to people too." I say. Without anything to back that up.

So I go to my trusty Merriam-Webster online and look IT up. Here IT is in relevant part:

  • a person or animal whose sex is unknown

That's IT!

For now.

1 Comments:

Blogger EdotR said...

That makes sense to me...
I'd call it a thingamabob..but it's kinda of lengthy for cocktail conversations..

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home