Thursday, December 21

Food issues...

I've had several tips about curbing my nausea. The most popular one seems to be:

before you even lift your head off the pillow - eat some saltines...


Since I never expected to get sick, this "morning" sickness thing really caught me off guard. I really thought that since I'm a food pig - none of that sickness would happen. I'd just eat like a horse like I always do. I mean, I'm constantly thinking about my next meal. "What's next to eat??"

Anyway, I'm usually pretty unprepared for most things that happen in my life so I don't have any saltines in the house. We don't eat crackers really so we don't own them. Sooo...I thought I was doing good to get up and eat a Go Tart (a new fangled Pop Tart that you don't toast - I loved 'em!). I found out quickly that those things weren't going to cut it. At all.

I switched to Kashi granola bars. They're really good for you. I will be honest and say that they are not the most delicious thing I've ever eaten but - right now - when smells and sights of certain foods are making me sick, a bland granola bar is my best friend. They have verrrry little sugar (again, the taste reflects this), they are not made with preservatives and "bad things" like that, and they have a good amount of protein and fiber which I need more of in my diet. I eat two of them every morning (and whenever I need a late night/middle of the night snack). They've saved my life!!

Foods I hate:
  • Ham (I never DID really like it - I hate it actually. But just the sight of seeing my coworker eating it made immediately ill.)
  • Anything with ham in it
  • Turkey bacon (Mike made a split pea soup with Turkey bacon - it turns out - I hate that type of bacon.)
  • Breakfast sandwiches and hash browns (I though these were the cure all for a while - now the thought of them makes me gag.)
  • Go Tarts
  • Almost anything I've eaten recently and don't want to eat again with the exception of a Jack's Mexican pizza which I ate two nights in a row. I actually went to the store and bought another one for dinner again the next night.
  • Clear soda (another overdose victim of mine).
Foods I bought at the store and
have yet to use and maybe never will:

  • V8 juice (low sodium)
  • Sparkling pear juice
  • Ginger Ale
  • Ginger soda
  • Root beer
  • Goldfish crackers
  • Unsalted saltines
  • Pretzels
  • Various soups that don't appeal to me anymore
  • 50,000 breakfast sandwich items which I made Hubband move to the fridge in the garage because I can't stand to look at them - I just gagged thinking about them.
  • Almost anything that's in the house - I usually crave food items that are not at home. (When used here, the word "crave" means anything that I think I might be able to stomach and absolutely nothing else will do.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Tom Bailey said...

Those foods that you never use list was funny. I just finished giving away a bunch just like that. This is my first visit to your blog.

http://sms100.blogspot.com/

5:53 PM  
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Your "foods I hate" list just made me hungry. I love turkey bacon!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I love turkey bacon too. Weird. I ate pickled beets every single day when I was pregnant. ALL THREE TIMES. You'll find your groove. Feel better!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Momo said...

Tom: Thanks for stopping by! I'll have to check out your site!

GNG and Wendy: You ladies are more than welcome to all the turkey bacon you can eat at our house. Hubband can even fry it up for you and you all can have a bacon feast.

I, however, will have to be no where in sight! ;0)

11:31 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

Turkey bacon..yum!

When I was pregnant my morning sickness was all day sickness..

The food I couldn't stand...

Canned sphagetthi...
Just the sight of the can was enough to make me wanna shrivel up and die..

11:55 AM  
Blogger prairie biker said...

pretty soon it'll be nothin' but pickles and ice cream ...

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home