Monday, January 8

This little figgy...

At 11 weeks, baby Woof is now fig-sized. I don't see too much progress but getting these weekly e-mails helps. And, of course, there's the 10 lbs. I've already gained. Not that I'm worried about that - I just hear that they can get kinda nasty at the doctor's office...I don't wanna hear it!

I had my first visit on Friday. It was a paperwork/orientation visit entitled "Great Expectations" [insert knee slapping laughter here]. It was a fairly uneventful visit. Four couples, some pamphlets, some paperwork, drink the extra sugary orange soda to check your blood glucose, wait an hour (filling out paperwork and such takes up the hour), go down to get your first set of labs...pretty inane stuff - but also kind of exciting. Something's happening! We're making progress!

So....six tubes of blood later (taken from two different arms because one just stopped working) we're heading out to our respective vehicles in the parking lot. Mike is concerned that I haven't eaten in a while and I'm calling my friend Amy at work to set up our lunch.

The usual chorus of: "Where do you want to go? I don't care, where do YOU want to go?"

"Blech!"


"Bless you! I hope that was a sneeze." Amy says.

It wasn't. It was a "real puke" I tell her. The rest of the orange soda escaped. (Thank goodness! I felt better instantly.) And there was nothing to do but laugh and laugh at the crazy-rudeness of my puking while I was talking to someone on the phone. Oh, and Mike wondered what I was going to do the mess in the parking garage.

Uh, leave it. "Remember that dead mouse we saw on the ground on the way in??"

11 weeks



How your baby's growing: Your fig-sized baby is now fully formed — measuring 1 1/2 inches long and weighing in at a quarter of an ounce. His skin is still transparent, allowing many of his blood vessels to show through. Some of his bones are beginning to harden, and tiny toothbuds are starting to appear under his gums. His fingers and toes have separated, and he may soon be able to open and close his fists. He's already busy kicking and stretching, and his tiny movements are so fluid they look like water ballet. These movements will increase as his body grows and becomes more developed and functional. As his diaphragm develops, your tiny tenant may also start to get the hiccups. Because he's still so small, though, you won't feel any of his workouts or intrauterine gulps until sometime between weeks 16 and 20.

3 Comments:

Blogger frugalmom said...

Just a few more weeks and you will be feeling great and have all the energy in the world! The first kick is the greatest...nothing else like that feeling in the whole world.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Mmmm, figgy pudding.

Yuck, orange vomit in the parking garage.

Your writing cray-aaacks me up. I'm sorry your arm stopped working.

6:28 PM  
Blogger EdotR said...

Ah..the orange soda....

Yummy..

::gags::
I hated those tests...

I must say though, that even with one of your arms not working..I love your take on pregnancy..!!

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home