Tuesday, April 17

25 weeks

Yayyyy! I took my diabetes test (along with some other labs) yesterday and I didn't feel sick at all! Unfortunately, that leaves with no exciting stories. Except for the lady who let her little daughter crawl all over the waiting area until she found me and decided to climb me. Awwwww...how cute, right? I wasn't feeling it. Sometimes, I'm happy that I am kind of a kid magnet...but I just wasn't this time. I just said: "Hiiiiiiiii" and stared at the kid like I was dumbfounded. And I was thinking:

"Lady, get your kid."

"Please call my name now!"

"Maybe could you care about your kid?? I'm not your kid's babysitter??!?" I don't know...

Most of the time it's people being overly worried about their child that's turned around and smiling at you in the booth adjacent to you...and you just smile and say it's OK and that they shouldn't worry. Well, she wasn't worried one bit. Not one: "Oh, honey come back - leave the nice lady alone." And then I would have said: "Nooo, that's OK. What a pretty girl you have..."

Oooooookaaaaay - that was just another glimpse inside my moody pregnant mind ! I've been kind of emotional lately.

Oh, what the heck, here's another example. This may be too much information for any male readers I might have.

Mike and I were discussing pooping while in labor. I said I really wasn't too worried about it because they've seen it all at the hospital and I'm not going to be embarrassed about it if it does happen. Though, I did mention to Mike that he "hadn't seen it all" and maybe he'd be disturbed by it. I asked him if he was going to look "down there" when she was born.

He replied, smiling: "Of course! I'm going to watch her be born into a pile of $hit."

Normally, we would just laugh and laaaaaaugh! We like to tease and joke about almost everything. But, for some reason, at that moment - I felt sorry for myself and felt my eyes stinging...just a moment of self pity. "Poor wittle ol' me - I'm gonna crap my pants in front of everyone."

Who cares? I'll have a little girl to bring home with me to love...


25 weeks


How your baby's growing: Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — doesn't sound like much, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. Her hair is probably recognizable now (in color and texture), although both may change after she's born.


2 Comments:

Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Just be sure to get pictures of it!
Cute preggers photo, you look just like the anatomical graphic.

6:46 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

but wouldn't that make a great story??

I'm just sayin'...

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home