Thursday, January 11

"Doctor" visit

I went for my first visit yesterday. I still haven't met my doctor yet (didn't even officially have one until yesterday) because I am a loser of a woman. I have not been to have an "annual" since I moved to this area like three annuals ago. That's right - remember - I said I'm a loser. And I know how important it all is - I have no excuses really.

So, I saw the nurse practitioner and we picked a doctor that will be available in July when baby Woof is due. I hear really good things about him and I think I'm going to like him. Yes! It's a him! I never thought I'd want my OB/Gyn to be a man - but I've matured I guess. In one visit and one "delicate condition" I've already decided that I know what they mean when they say you lose all sense of modesty. Who cares how they see me?? And who they are?? It's their job. And they've seen it all...

The only news from the visit was that we got to hear the heartbeat! It was exciting! I didn't know how I'd feel. But I definitely felt emotional and I kinda wanted to cry. Although, I couldn't really move or the lady would lose the sound. I laughed at one time and there was a bunch of loud static blocking the heartbeat. The baby's heartbeat was 162 miles an hour. (Or beats per minute, I guess. It's just more fun to say miles an hour!)

It seems a little more real now. There is something in there besides a virus after all!! I was half thinking that there wasn't anything in there and I told the nurse as much. She laughed and said that she thought that too when she had her kids. Until she worked at the clinic she didn't realize how accurate the home pregnancy tests were. Not that I don't believe them - they're like 99.99999999% accurate but that is the only test I've taken so far. No blood test to confirm it. This was my first doctor's visit after all. It makes you kind of wonder if you're making all this up and just getting fat and being crazy...

But there WAS a little swishy heartbeat saying that something's going on in there...something's happening! I can't wait to hear/see more!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Oh, I'm all teared up at the heartbeat too! 162 mph sounds like the perfect heartrate for a fig.

My verification word is hoppfy. Hoppfy Hopffy Joy Joy.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Woof said...

Pukkapukkapukkapukkapukkapukkapukka (etc.)! It's a little baby U-boat!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Sounds like a good visit. Yea!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Ahh the heartbeat! That is so awesome. Couldn't even comment on the orange drink puke post. But really happy about this one! YEAH!

2:08 PM  
Blogger EdotR said...

that is beautiful..it's the most amazing sound evah!!!!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home