Tuesday, February 6

15 weeks

Baby Woof is now a....uh...nothing, I guess. No food reference or anything this week. Just about 4 inches long. Getting bigger all the time!

I go to the doctor tomorrow and meet my actual doctor for the first time. And, I'm soooo excited because I hope we can schedule a sonogram. The even more exciting news is that I just heard they might have a 3D sonogram machine there! I think the older machines are 2D and the baby ends up looking like a skeleton-alien type thingy. I'm very excited about the possibility of having a 3D sonogram. Hopefully, I'll have the news tomorrow about whether or not I'll get to get one! But, either way, I'll get to see the baby and how it's doing and hopefully find out what "type" it is. I'll be thankful for anything more I can know/see...

Here's an example of a 3D sonogram at 15 weeks:



Baby Report at
15 weeks




At around 4 inches long, crown to rump,
your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 ounces. He's busy inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid, which will help the air sacs in his lungs develop. His legs are growing longer than his arms now, and he can move all his joints and limbs. That means his hands are more functional, too. Sweat glands are appearing, and although his eyelids are fused shut, he can sense light. If you were to shine a flashlight at your tummy, he'd be likely to move away from the beam.

If you're scheduled for an ultrasound in the coming weeks (most women have one between 16 and 20 weeks), you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! Don't be disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down the gender depends on how clear the picture is and the position of your baby during the ultrasound; he may be curled or turned in such a way as to keep you in suspense.

Your baby's taste buds are beginning to form now, too, and a study at the Monell Chemical Senses Center in Philadelphia suggests he may be able to taste what you've been eating. Researchers found that flavors from the food pregnant women ate ended up in their amniotic fluid. They also found that eating healthy foods during pregnancy may help your baby develop a preference for those foods that could last a lifetime.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home