Friday, April 27

27 weeks

"Your baby is really starting to fill up your uterus."

No joke!! I can feel her moving all the time now. It almost drives me to distraction sometimes. And I think I can feel her doing more than just "kicking" now. I can feel the rolling around that other moms have described to me. I have not gotten to the point of seeing a foot or arm drag across my belly or a wave of movement yet - but I can imagine that it will happen!

It's very exciting to feel her move. Sometimes it's almost like I forget and it reminds me: "Oh yeah, someone's in there!" It's really mind blowing. Even after seeing her on the sonogram - it's just hard to imagine that someone's really in there growing and moving. And that the food I eat everyday fuels a new human's development. I'll have to see it to believe it! And, even then, I'm sure I won't be able to figure it all out. It's amazing...

27 weeks


Your baby is really starting to fill up your uterus. This week she weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14.4 inches long with her legs extended. She can now open and close her eyes, and she sleeps and wakes at regular intervals. She may suck her fingers, and although her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with assistance — if she were to be born prematurely. Chalk up any rhythmic movement you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and isn't bothersome to her, so enjoy the tickle. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. Wonder what she's thinking? [probably - "Mom, why are you eating so much chocolate?!?! It makes me crazy!!"]


3 Comments:

Blogger EdotR said...

do you have a name???? for the baby I mean..cuz of course YOU have a name....I already knew THAT...

Oh, forget it..You know what i mean...lol

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder too what babies are thinking in utero. Its not like they have anything to visualize. Maybe it's just trippy primordeal crazy stuff.

My baby is probably thinking: "Why is my sister so crazy? She's always talking into the microphone (belly button) and giving me zerberts and saying 'Hello in there.'"

Maybe that's why babies cry when they come out. They look around and think that the world around them is not quite what they pictured.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and there was a study out a few years ago that moms who ate chocolate during pregnancy had happier babies. Maybe because the mom's were so happy. I have chocolate every day!

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home