Friday, May 18

30 weeks

Time is flying! (Kind of.) Sometimes I feel that way...and other times I just can't wait! I'm very excited to see her and hold her for the first time. But, at the same time, I have stuff to do to get ready for her arrival. And, of course, I want her to be as healthy as possible...

We started our birthing classes. That's a little scary. But very informative and our instructor is really funny. (The cookies they had for snacks were verrrrrry good too! Is it any wonder I've gained nearly 30 lbs.???? I hope they have those again next week!)

I stare at the calendar (usually on my cell phone) and count down the weeks...it's 9 to go until my actual due date. I'm trying to prepare myself that she will most likely be late. Still, I do the countdown all the time. It's one of my favorite pastimes...

30 weeks



How your baby's growing: Your baby's a bit more than 15 1/2 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds. [She already does! :0) ] A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and fills out your uterus. Her eyes open and close, she's able to distinguish between light and dark, and she can even follow a light source back and forth. Once she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have a visual acuity of only 20/400 — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face.




3 Comments:

Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Hey, my vision is 20/400 too! She'll be just like Auntie Lori when she comes out!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I hope the next 9 weeks fly by!

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were very poor students in our birthing classes the first time around. We giggled a lot. And I swore I wasn't going to say "Hee, hee, hee!" How ridiculous!

We didn't end up using what we learned in the classes, but I guess it was good to be prepared.

What I found to be valuable were all of the other classes we took (care of the infant, car safety, illness, etc.). And my husband really liked the dad class because the teacher was very candid and let the guys ask any questions they had.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home