Friday, June 1

8 months! (32 weeks)

Wow! 8 months...I get more excited everyday! There is still a lot of preparation that needs to be done. I have my family shower next weekend so I'll see what goodies I get and know more what I might need to shop for. I'm antsy to get everything bought - but I know I need to wait to see what we still need. But, I wanna buy it all NOW! And be prepared! I know I still have some time (7 weeks...or more!) but I also know that it could really fly by! I've started lists of what I still need to buy and what I need to pack for the hospital. I'm sure we'll get it all done. Then I'll probably forget my bag at home! :0)

32 weeks


How your baby's growing: By now, your baby probably weighs almost 4 pounds and is almost 17 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. She has tiny toenails now, and her fingernails have grown in, too [I knew I felt them scratching me! ;0) ]. Some babies have a head of hair already; others have only peach fuzz.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make sure to pack some little mittens (or better yet some socks) to stick on the baby's hands in case she scratches her face. The hospital will not trim her nails. Also take a baby nail file to smooth them out.

We learned that the hard way this time!

The nursery lost one of our cute little mittens. So don't be too attached to anything you take for the baby to wear while there.

Also, don't take a bunch of stuff to the hospital. You won't need it. I didn't even open the two magazines or Sudoku book I took nor did I listen to my iPOD (thought you may want one for during labor). I really just took a few things this time.

6:37 PM  
Blogger prairie biker said...

And go easy on the buying. It's summer, unless you guys go nuclear winter on the ac, the little bambina won't really need that many clothes. Also keep in mind she's going to grow out of them in a big darn hurry. Start spending all your money stocking up on diapers, wipes and formula instead.

8:04 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

wooohoo....!! make sure to take magazines or a good read for the first night....

stock up on diapers...and light onesies for the heat..!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Momo said...

Leeanthro: Thanks for the tip re: the mittens and nails. A co-worker of mine had a baby recently and I noticed the scratches on her poor face! So, I've bought some mittens and plan to have nail clippers. I hadn't heard of the baby nail file - but I really like that idea!

Prairie Biker: I've tried to convince Mike we need to stock up on diapers! He thought I was crazy! He didn't want diapers lying around everywhere. But, I bet he'll thank me when he doesn't have to go get some at midnight sometime, huh?

Mary P: I plan to bring my iPod and my birth book and...probably too much stuff! I've got tons of onesies! That was one thing I bought a lot of...

2:10 PM  
Blogger prairie biker said...

mike will get enough driving at midnight time when she's fussy and the only way she'll go to sleep is by taking her out for a car ride.

that said, Mike, stock up on diapers you dingleberry. you'll be truly amazed at how many she'll go through each day. and you've got to learn to always have emergency spares stored in every little nook and cranny of your life.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home