Thursday, June 14

34 weeks

I've updated my little e-mail system so it sends me info. about my weeks a little earlier...I don't want to ick anyone out by the details but the site had a different due date for me than my doctor. Add that to the fact that I'm growing slightly impatient and I want my time to go by faster and the extra four days was bugging me! (Even though she probably won't come until the later due date...)

Monday I have another doctor's appt. They're getting more frequent now...and I not excited about them becoming more "invasive" so I'm a little nervous.

We finished our birthing class and we toured the new rooms at Carle. I'm ready to go ahead and check in and get this thing going...and I'm paranoid that the day I have my baby - they'll be completely full. That'd be just my luck. They deliver tons of babies at Carle.

34 weeks



How your baby's growing: Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds and is probably almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which she'll need to regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her central nervous system is still maturing and her lungs are well developed by now. If you've been nervous about going into preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that 99 percent of babies this age can survive outside the womb — and most have no major long-term problems related to prematurity.

Another pic of the expectant parents:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The good news is that the way the new rooms are set up, they cannot turn them into double occupancy. I think they have enough rooms now that they don't anticipate being full.

Is sitting in the hot tub part of your birth plan? The hot tub room is very spa-like with stone tiles, etc. Looked pretty relaxing.

5:22 PM  
Blogger prairie biker said...

heh. the blue-haired daughter was born at the army hospital in panama. the birthing rooms there had floor to ceiling windows and looked out on a hillside just outside. I was very surprised not to see some random panamanians wandering by and peeking in. fortunately we weren't in there long. in the room at noon and out by 2:30.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Momo said...

Leeanthro: How funny! I was going to mention how spa-like the hot tub rooms looked!! So relaxing with the neutral tiles and stuff...I think I'll try it if I can. But again, this is my cynical thinking, but I thought to myself that they would probably be full the day I'm there... ;0)

PB: Glad that no one peeked in on your wife!! I can only imagine your reaction to that sort of thing...I think I know (and am afraid) of what Mike would do...

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need to hook up after you have that baby. I think we're on the same wavelength sometimes!

Maybe I'll arrange a mommy blogger meet up later this summer.

Oh, maybe some people like their anonymity.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Momo said...

Leeanthro: I would LOVE to meet up sometime! We do seem to think alike! (Great minds do, you know?)

That would be wonderful!

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Girl --
Hugs!! LOOK AT YOU !!
BABY BELLY !!
:o)
So *exciting*
=:o)%O={
(computersketchofMarciebaby)
I am gonna look for that CD I copied for you tonight to give it to Diane, to give to Lori, to hopefully give to you before your BIG DAY!
You look great, happy with a little tired thrown in...
Take care
Hope to see you soon!
Zia

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home