Wednesday, June 27

36 weeks (9 months!!!)

It's getting closer! I think I'm going through some nesting. I did most of my baby laundry this past weekend so she'll have something to wear...she has mittens (to keep her from scratching her face since I hear they don't clip their nails at the hospital) and socks and hats and tons of blankets. The only thing I'm not sure of is her clothes. I mean, I think I have plenty but I just worry about her size. Will she be too small? And would that really matter? She could just float around in them I guess...I have some pretty small onesies so she'll be fine in those I guess. Whatever, right? As long as I get to bring her home.

I have my work shower on Friday so I'm very excited about that! (More baby laundry???) :0)
And next week I start my weekly doctor appointments so that's something to look forward too...something to break up the week if nothing else, I guess.

I still feel pretty good. A little tired at night...tossing and turning...and regular bathroom breaks but, no other problems really so that's good. It's hard to believe it's 3-1/2 weeks away!!!

I better get my filing done at work!!!

36 weeks



How your baby's growing: Your baby is still putting on the pounds — about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds and is a little less than 19 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the creamy substance that covered and protected her skin during its submersion in amniotic fluid.

At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Babies between 37 and 42 weeks are considered full-term; a baby born before 37 weeks is pre-term and after 42 is post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position by now, which is optimal for a smooth delivery, but if she isn't in the next week, your provider may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying he'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position manually, by manipulating her from the outside of your belly. [Turn baby, turn!!!! We don't want no manipulations!!]



3 Comments:

Blogger Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

Take mittens (they lost one of ours) and some socks, which might stay on her hands a little better. Our son totally scratched his face up those first few days, and no they won't cut her nails for you. Take the little baby nail file and clippers, which might be a little scary to use the first time.

We bought a few of the Gerber long-sleeved side snap t-shirts with built in mittens. They worked pretty good until his scratches faded and I got his nails under control.

You're getting so close!!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

If you decide you want to order one of the Bebe au Lait nursing covers, I have a code for free shipping. Just got mine in the mail today and I think it is going to work well.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

So amazing - I hope it goes quickly...waiting can be so hard, but once she's a part of your life, it'll seem she's always been there.
Can't wait to see pix!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home