Friday, July 6

37 weeks

Ah, this week is almost over...I'll be 38 weeks on Sunday, I guess. I have my first, uh, "check" on Monday - I'll probably be dilated to a big, fat ZERO. :0)

Baby Woof's car seat is in my car now - waiting for her to come home in it! Her clothes are washed and ready. I got my diaper bag in the mail yesterday (yay!!) - it's pretty large so I think I'll pack her stuff in it this weekend and get myself at least partly packed.

Mike's been rearranging her room. And he's staining an antique chest that his parents gave us. It belonged to his grandma's brothers. It already looking great! I'll have to post some room photos soon...

37 weeks


How your baby's growing: Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, her lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.

Your baby weighs a little over 6 pounds and measures between 19 and 20 inches, head to heel. Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz. [Ok, anyone who knows me knows that I'm keeping my fingers crossed for peach fuzz...my sister and I didn't have any hair - and that's just what I'm used to. I would be astounded by a full head of hair!!!]

1 Comments:

Blogger Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

What diaper bag did you get? Please post a picture! I want one of those Skip Hop ones that you can attach to the stroller, but can't justify yet another large baby expense. I found with both babies that I tended to use the free black Similac diaper bag from the hospital.

Make sure you take everything you can from the hospital! Ask for extra diapers. Extra formula is you are supplementing. Take 4 of the big flannel blankets that they use for swaddling (the ones from the store are not big enough for a good swaddle). The blue absorbant pad that they put under you will come in handy.

Trust me, everyone does it. Don't feel guilty.

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home