Monday, July 16

39 weeks

Well, I've been what I will call "downgraded". Went to the nurse practitioner this morning and I'm at 1 cm now (instead of the 2cm the doctor said last week).

I'm pretty disappointed. Prior to last week's appointment, I had myself psyched up that the baby would come on the due date or, most likely, be late...and then he told me she'd be here by today. I knew, knew, KNEW that wasn't the truth but somehow my gullible brain let me start believing it.

I guess the plus side is that the baby's room is ready. Everyone at my work is ready. Essentially, everything is ready. I keep picking up more items here and there - but I honestly can't say that there's anything I need. Maybe some rubbing alcohol in a bottle...but I already have alcohol wipes - which would work, right? I don't need the q-tip and the bottle if I have wipes, right? These are the crazy things I'm thinking about/doing now. Undoing things...and waiting.

I really did not want to be this person.

4 Comments:

Blogger Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

Use the alcohol wipes. Very convenient and not messy. You don't want to wrestle with a bottle of alcohol and q-tips.

See, I'm a wealth of information!

Did you ask about getting your membranes stripped?

1:30 PM  
Blogger Momo said...

Leeanthro:

OK! I'll stay with the wipes...one more nutty thing crossed off my mental list.

I did not ask about the membrane stripping...I think I'm skeeered of that one! I do wish this appt. had been with the doctor because I think he would have started talking about my options going forward...

2:26 PM  
Blogger prairie biker said...

Have you thought of a new name for this blog once you squeeze that puppy out?

12:17 PM  
Blogger Momo said...

PB: Hmmmmmm, I have thought about that predicament. What do YOU think I should change the name to? Or maybe I'll just start blogging again under Catpeople...

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home