Tuesday, July 10

38 weeks...and counting

I didn't want to be a person that freaked out near the end...but I may be turning out to be "one of those" people.

Went to the doctor yesterday and he says we might see Baby Woof by next week!! Wha?!?!?

He told me that I'm 2 cm and 80% effaced...is he making this stuff up as he goes?

He had previously admitted that he might fib to me to make me feel like there was progress, so I don't know whether or not to believe him. I think he's very, very generous with his guesstimates and this was without my even asking for an estimated time of arrival!

I told me husband that we can't believe him - but that I guess we should be prepared (though not expecting it to happen).

But now, I am starting to expect it. This is what it must be like to be "one of those people". Aaaaaah - I can't stand it!

I'm in a tizzy at work - - trying to figure out what I need to do. Do I tell my boss? I agonized about that all day today (because I'm afraid to tell them how long I want to be gone...maybe forever...shhhhhh!) But, did I do that today???? Of course not.

And I don't feel like anything's happening - like nothing is progressing. I'm not going into labor for at least 2 more weeks!!

2 Comments:

Blogger prairie biker said...

You probably don't want to hear this from me, but you can actually pick your date by inducing yourself with concerted applications of moderate exercise (walking, or furtive waddling) and sex.

The Bug was born just after I got home from a very long TDY. just sayin'

10:21 AM  
Blogger The Fashionable Housewife said...

As far as being dilated to 2cm, it's possible. If you've been having Braxton Hicks contractions, that helps dilate your cervix. So does having sex.

About inducing yourself... well I've been trying that for about a week now. (I'm 38 weeks too) Walking, sex, nipple stimulation, and drinking lots of water. All that activity has made me dilate to 3cm, but not baby!!

So you just never know. People always say, "The baby will come when the baby is ready." And I'm starting to think they are right!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home